Wednesday 12 June 2013

Review: Remembrance by Michelle Madow

Remembrance (Transcend Time, #1)
Summary from Goodreads:
Lizzie Davenport has been reincarnated from Regency Era, England ... but she doesn't know it yet.

Then Drew Carmichael transfers into Lizzie's high school at the beginning of the year, and she feels a connection to him, almost like she knows him. She can't stop thinking about him, but whenever she tries talking with him about the mysteries behind her feelings, he makes it clear that he wants nothing to do with her. Reaching him is even more difficult because she has a boyfriend, Jeremy, who has started to become full of himself after being elected co-captain of the varsity soccer team, and her flirtatious best friend Chelsea starts dating Drew soon after his arrival. So why can't she get him out of her mind?

Even though Lizzie knows she should let go of her fascination with Drew, fighting fate isn't going to be easy


When I first heard about Remembrance I was so excited. I mean a book based on the Love Story music video by Taylor Swift just sounds amazing. I am a big fan of all things Swifty so I felt like this book would be perfect for me.

However, I am sad to say that I didn't like it that much. 

Our main character, Lizzie, was far too annoying for me to like her. To me she appeared selfish and shallow. Very quickly she sees Drew and we have the insta-love....I am not a fan of insta-love. Straight away she is obsessed with him. But then he starts dating her best friend. Yet this doesn't stop her. Her thoughts were extremely selfish. Several times when Chelsea, her best friend, was talking about Drew Lizzie would think something about how Drew was hers. On one stage she even though "She doesn't know how she's hurting me." Why would she? Drew is her boyfriend, not yours.

Lizzie is no the only one to blame her. Drew was just as bad. He basically used Chelsea. I didn't like him. I preferred Jeremy, not that I liked him that much.

Chelsea was my favourite character. I loved her and I wish we saw more of her. I could read several books with her as the main character. I was thrilled to see that the novella, Vengeance, is from Chelsea's POV! (YAY!)

Michelle Madow has an enjoyable writing style and I found myself re-reading several passages.

Even though most of the characters were annoying and I found myself rolling my eyes several times it was still ridiculously addictive. Darn it! I can't say that I hated it, cause I didn't and I will definitely read the next books.

No comments:

Post a Comment