Sunday 16 June 2013

Review: Hurricane by Jenna-Lynne Duncan


Summary from Goodreads:
Adriana couldn’t decide what was worse—that Hurricane Katrina was heading for New Orleans, or that she might not survive her kidnapping to see its potential effects. She had trusted Hayden, even fallen for him, and now he and his brother Luke were taking her deeper and deeper into the Bayou. Why had two of her classmates, the mysterious Boudreaux brothers, kidnapped her? Why had Adriana’s dreams started predicting the future? Most importantly, would she make it out of the Bayou alive…

 I finally purchased Hurricane after months of lusting after it! I was worried when I purchased it that I would be disappointed, thankfully this was not the case.

Jenna-Lynne Duncan has created wonderful characters and an interesting plot that I was captivated by straight away.  

It is written in the first person which was a nice change from the usual third person narrative. It gave the book a more personal feel and allowed us to connect more with the main character. 

Ms Duncan has written an brilliant with a love triangle that I love. Both of the boys are so hard to choose between and I love both of them for different reasons. Hayden was the one I liked from the beginning and I was supporting more, but then we get to see a bit more of Luke and the entire thing goes out the window.  How can you choose between the two of them? 

Having been rather young when Hurricane Katrina hit I have only ever seen small clips of the devastation caused by it. I think that it was an interesting choice of background for this book. Jenna-Lynne gave enough detail to give us a feel of the area but not too much so that we a bogged down by it.


The secrets in the book are just that, secret. The entire book I was thinking "What's going to happen?".

Overall I really enjoyed this book and I recommend it! I look forward to book two! 

No comments:

Post a Comment