Saturday 15 June 2013

Review: Dark Angel by Eden Maguie

                                                       Summary from Goodreads                                                    
Tania's heart belongs to Orlando. Nothing can rip them apart. Until the seduction begins in a flurry of glamour and magic, music and parties all orchestrated by the mysterious and mesmerising Zoran, an iconic rock star who has retired to a remote ranch in the nearby mountains. And there Tania meets the dark side. Can she resist temptation?

 
Okay, I love Eden Maguire's writing style. She can create amazing worlds that keep you captivated throughout the entire book. I've read her last series of books and I loved them! For that reason I went into this book with larger than life expectations! And let me tell you it delivered! 

Okay so where do I begin? I suppose at the beginning.

When I began I was immediately drawn in by the main character, Tania. There is something about her that just made me want to know what was going to happen to her. It's rather difficult to explain. She's strong, I think thats why I like her so much. I really hate reading books that have weak female characters. Eventhough the book is from the point of view of Tania there is still a bit of mystery surrounding her. She has a larger than life 'imagination'. Her mother says its because she's creative.........you must read to find out. She's with Orlando but her entire world doesn't revolve around him (unlike a certain girl in a certain saga of books revolving around sparkly blood suckers). 

I didn't like Orlando at certain times during the book. I did like him at times don't get me wrong but I thought that he was a bit self absorbed and annoying! He's meant to be in love with Tania but he gives up on their relationship so easily when he gets slightly annoyed!

I adored the mystery surrounding Zoran and co. It really kept me reading! I wanted to know what they were up to.

The writing in this book is really strong and descriptive. Descriptive writing is the best and helps to keep the story alive. I am so glad that the writing was strong because I hate reading books that have weak writing! 

There was so many twists in this book! Who doesn't love a good twist. It kept me wondering what would happen next and I never guessed correctly.

The ending! Oh God the ending! I loved it! It left me wanting more right away. If you read this book you will not be dissapointed! Go read it now!


No comments:

Post a Comment