Friday 14 June 2013

Review: Divergent by Veronica Roth


Summary from Goodreads:
In a future Chicago, 16-year-old Beatrice Prior must choose among five predetermined factions to define her identity for the rest of her life, a decision made more difficult when she discovers that she is an anomaly who does not fit into any one group, and that the society she lives in is not perfect after all.


I really get all the hype about this book now! It is really good! I don't know why I didn't start this book before!

The cover is so eye catching and different from most popular book covers! I can even see Four and Tris! 

Tris is an awesome character but at points she slightly annoyed me but I have to admit  I enjoy being annoyed by main characters! I think that she is very out-going and she is a strong character. I think that she did what she needed to do to be happy even if that meant leaving the people she loved. I understand her reasoning for doing what she did and I admire her for it. Tris has to be one of my favourite characters. She's about 7th in my list which is pretty impressive!

Four. Well I could write and write and write about Four but you would probably get bored of it! He is the kind of character that I love in books! He is the kind of guy that acts 'bad' at the beginning but has a soft side underneath. Mmmmmmmm Four.

I really wondered why the book was called Divergent but it was discovered early on in the book. I kept reading so that I could find out why being Divergent was bad.....The story kept me reading until 4.30 am! I would like to blame thank Veronica Roth for writing a book that kept me reading until the early hours in the morning!

Overall the book was awesome and I'm looking forward to the next one! 


No comments:

Post a Comment