Sunday 19 May 2013

Review: Fracture by Megan Miranda

Summary from Goodreads
Eleven minutes passed before Delaney Maxwell was pulled from the icy waters of a Maine lake by her best friend Decker Phillips. By then her heart had stopped beating. Her brain had stopped working. She was dead. And yet she somehow defied medical precedent to come back seemingly fine-despite the scans that showed significant brain damage. Everyone wants Delaney to be all right, but she knows she's far from normal. Pulled by strange sensations she can't control or explain, Delaney finds herself drawn to the dying. Is her altered brain now predicting death, or causing it?
Then Delaney meets Troy Varga, who recently emerged from a coma with similar abilities. At first she's reassured to find someone who understands the strangeness of her new existence, but Delaney soon discovers that Troy's motives aren't quite what she thought. Is their gift a miracle, a freak of nature-or something much more frightening?

I went into this book with high expectations and they were meet! Okay so, I really don't know what to say about this book except that it is AMAZING!

I started it and was immediately drawn in, the opening line had me hooked immediately; 
 The first time I died, I didn't see God.
 I mean how can you not be hooked after that opening line?
I adore Delaney and Deckers relationship. They've been best friends for ages: inseparable  However, after Delaney is pulled from the lake their relationship is strained. It's understandable of course. Whos relationship wouldn't be strained after you're best friend dies? Decker and Delaney have a complicated relationship.

I felt very sorry for Delaney at times during the book. She survived under water for eleven minutes. You would think that people would be nice to her but some of them can't get over how much she has changed. I wish we could get a bit more of an insight into what she was like before the accident. There were parts that I could really feel Delaneys sadness and I felt the same as here. That's how you know if a book was well written or not.

Okay Troy. How do I describe Troy? I really don't know. The only concrete thing that I can say about Troy is that I didn't like him. But I suppose every book has at least one character you don't like. Its the whole point of writing a book. If you liked every character in the books it would be rather boring.
I was especially hooked the whole way through it to see if Delaney managed to stay alive , or if Troy managed to stay alive.




No comments:

Post a Comment